2.3b2: Slow commands (several seconds) under SunOS / Sparc

Voelker, Bernhard bernhard.voelker at siemens-enterprise.com
Thu Nov 18 13:23:36 GMT 2010

Jari Aalto wrote:
> And it displays loads of calls under the PWD (~/tmp)
>
>    # note: I have hundreads of files and dirs under ~/tmp

>    /mnt/cc/staff-f/jaalto/tmp/timemodule.so",

hmm, I wasn't aware that
  /mnt/cc/staff-f/jaalto/tmp == ~/tmp

Is /mnt/cc/staff-f a local disk or a NFS share?
If you have "many hundreads" or thousands of files in ~/tmp,
then I could imagine that looking up a file "./xxx.so" could
take much longer than if you were in a small directory (this
may greatly differ based on the filesystem type being used).
Did you try in another directory, e.g. /tmp?

> Does bzr or python somehow search "." or do I have a problem in my setup
> somewhere?

I don't know python very well, so maybe someone else can jump in for this?

Have a nice day,
Berny