congratulations, Jelmer

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Nov 9 23:24:09 GMT 2010

I'm enormously pleased to announce that Jelmer Vernooij will be
joining the bzr team at Canonical on a full-time basis from January
next year, replacing Robert.  Jelmer has contributed to Bazaar over
many years including driving the svn and git foreign branch plugins
and the bzr-rewrite plugin.

Jelmer already works at Canonical on the Launchpad team, and has
recently been involved with the recipe builds
<http://code.mumak.net/2010/11/still-going.html> feature that
automatically assembles deb packages from the contents of upstream
branches.  We will very likely look to hire someone to replace Jelmer
on the Launchpad team, and that will be advertised on
<http://webapps.ubuntu.com/employment/>.

I got a lot of very good applications from the bzr community and
beyond, and I just wish I could work full time with more of you.
Thanks to everyone who did apply.

--
Martin