Supporting configuration files in ~/.config/bazaar?

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Tue Nov 2 12:09:45 GMT 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 18:26 +1300, Robert Collins wrote:
> Which is, I think that changing the config directory is much more
> trouble than its worth. We've tonnes of docs built up that talk about
> the old location, and a half life of years for each version, with a
> tail of 4-5 years.

That may be so, but the request to make Bazaar standards compliant was
filed a long ago. At the time you said it was too hard. You've already
lost several years. The sooner you transition to the proper XDG
locations, the sooner your 5 year decay clock will start. And meanwhile,
people using Linux on a 6 month cycle will only have to wait... 6
months! for Bazaar to behave like a good citizen and for the problem to
go away.

AfC
Granada