Merge algorithms

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Sun Oct 24 22:45:53 BST 2010

> Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 08:49:15 +1300
> From: Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net>
> Cc: Andrew Bennetts <andrew.bennetts at canonical.com>, bazaar at lists.canonical.com
>
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 5:36 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu.org> wrote:
> > Perhaps I'm missing something.  Can I get the plugin write something
> > into .bzr.log, so I could be sure it is being invoked?
>
> bzr should log that its loaded the plugin :)

It didn't.  So that must mean I goofed somehow with locations.conf.
Perhaps I got it wrong, but my understanding was that I need to create
`.bzr/branch/locations.conf' under the branch's top directory, and put
there these two lines:

[/foo/bar]
changelog_merge_files = ChangeLog

where "/foo/bar" is the absolute file name of the branch's top
directory, the one where I create `.bzr/branch/locations.conf'.  Is
that right, or did I mess up?