bzr http protocol

Adrien Saladin adrien at wizzi.net
Thu Oct 21 15:04:19 BST 2010

Hi,

I still have a problem with interfacing the bzr wsgi application with
the Pylons framework. After investigating and a lot of help from both
Bazaar and Pylons community it seems there are two distinct problems.
The first one comes from the bzr http protocol. When looking at the
HTTP header, we can see that bzr sends an http POST that says it's
x-www-form-encoded but tcp dumps tends to show that data is not
encoded.
Is this a bug or a feature ?
(See http://pastebin.com/2FCuhF4q for a tcp dump of the http stream)

The second problem comes from Pylons itself (or one of the components
it calls) that probably tries to enforce the encoding in some way that
I can't revert it. I may have found a workaround for this problem.
More on this later if someone is interested.

Cheers,
Adrien