Estimating NNN/MMM

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Tue Oct 19 08:41:49 BST 2010

When bzr 2.2.1 performs an update in a branch bound to a remote
repository, most of the time it takes it shows a message like this:

 nnnnK mmmK/s  Inserting stream:Estimating NNN/MMM

What is it "estimating"? what is the MMM number.  It isn't the number
of revisions that is being pulled, because it is much larger than the
difference between the previous revno and the new one.

I'm asking because if I need to stare at this line for several tens of
seconds, I'd prefer to know what it tells me.  You know, the
psychological thing... ;-)

TIA