Resolving the last of the selftest thread hangs

Martin (gzlist) gzlist at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 18 14:52:05 BST 2010

On 07/10/2010, Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> wrote:
> I think it would be a good incremental improvement to use a hook here
> rather than monkeypatching, and the hook might be useful in other
> cases too.

Have put up an mp that implements a transport post_connect hook, and
despite a few complications, it does basically work:

<https://code.launchpad.net/~gz/bzr/transport_post_connect_hook/+merge/38431>

However getting the design right, particularly for the rather
different RemoteTransport classes looks to be difficult.

At Vincent's suggestion, I've now put up another mp with my original
hack (tidied up a little) so that we can get past this and on to
setting up an OSX slave and resolving test collection without needing
to work out a sensible hook solution:

<https://code.launchpad.net/~gz/bzr/hack_get_transport/+merge/38725>

Martin