$HOME/.bazaar/plugins Path Not Used by Default

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 16:14:12 BST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 09:25, John Arbash Meinel
<john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> On 10/15/2010 7:37 AM, Tom Browder wrote:
>> According to the bzr docs, on *nix, directory $BZR_HOME ($HOME/.bazaar
>> by default), subdirectory "plugins" is, by default, searched for
>> plugins--but that doesn't work for me (using bzr 2.2.1).
> If you define BZR_PLUGIN_PATH then it overrides whatever default
> $HOME/.bazaar/plugins directory.

Okay, I see see that's true now--but I can't find that said in the
docs (lots of docs, though).

> I certainly use the latter directory all the time, across many versions
> of bzr. Do you care to dig deeper into this?

Yes, I would.

IMHO, the $BZR_HOME/plugins directory ought to always be searched
last, even if BZR_PLUGIN path is defined (unless the directory is
already defined in BZR_PLUGIN_PATH).   I use the BZR_PLUGIN_PATH for
system-wide plugins (and I imagine others do, too) and of course user
plugin conflicts may appear, but that is the user's problem.

Regards,

-Tom