Large Binary Files

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Oct 15 08:21:53 BST 2010

Chris Hecker пишет:

> I'm writing a post on my website about this, but I'm a) too swamped to
> write it for another couple months, and b) waiting until I have more bzr
> experience, but, the following points seem to be the case right now with
> bzr/hg/git:
>
> 1.  There are no partial checkouts, so if you set up your tree like most
> games, where there is source_content (mb files, psds, etc.) and content
> (your model formats, dds, mp3, etc.), you can't have
> programmers/non-artists only sync to content and ignore source_content.

This can be achieved with the help of bzr-externals or scmproj plugin.
But you need to split your one branch for the entire project to several
subbranches for each component.

Initially in scmproj I had support for predefined sets of components to
help different kind of developers (programmers, artist, tech writers) to
work only with subset they interested in. Later subset feature has been
removed because of lack of interest from users to this feature in
particular, or maybe to scmproj plugin in general.