dir under bzr and svn simultaneously

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Thu Oct 14 11:13:21 BST 2010

    > On Tuesday 12 Oct 2010 15:00:35 John Arbash Meinel wrote:
    >> > bzr init another folder, add .svn to the .bzrignore and move the .bzr
    >> > folder and .bzrignore file into the svn working copy.  Bazaar will now
    >> > ignore the .svn folders (without needing to disable the bzr-svn plugin
    >> > - in my case I use that plugin elsewhere so that would be a pain).
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Talden
    >>
    >> I'm not positive, but I think you'll still have troubles when sitting in
    >> a subdirectory. Since it will think that this subdir is in svn, even
    >> though the parent folder is in bzr.
    >>
    >> The only way I know to do it is to disable the bzr-svn plugin.

    > That's what I thought.  There wouldn't be a way to disable the plugin for this
    > branch/location only by any chance?

Disabling plugins from a config file is a chiken and egg problem, if we
implement that, plugins can't change the way the config files are used.

So IMHO we shouldn't imeplement it.

But you can disable plugins for a given command with
BZR_DISABLE_PLUGINS.

$ bzr help env-variables

Environment Variables

<snip/>

BZR_PLUGIN_PATH     Paths where bzr should look for plugins.
BZR_DISABLE_PLUGINS Plugins that bzr should not load.
BZR_PLUGINS_AT      Plugins to load from a directory not in BZR_PLUGIN_PATH.

The bzr-svn plugin may also be modified to check for a config variable
and disable itself in this case ( or pretend it doesn't recognize the
branch as one it can handle).

   Vincent