less open bugs than before

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Oct 13 07:40:02 BST 2010

Over the last few weeks, the number of open (confirmed) bugs in bzr
has turned and gone down.  It's normal in an open source project,
perhaps in any software project, for the number of known bugs to go
inexorably up over time, as more people use it and try different
things.  People are still reporting new bugs, but we seem to have
recently lifted the rate at which they're closing them off enough that
the red line on this graph has gone down.  (Of course we're using the
word 'bug' here to include enhancement wishes.)

Well done!  I really appreciate everybody who's put up good bug
reports, deduped bugs, posted patches, and reviewed and landed fixes.

It's also a good sign that the number of inprogress bugs, which are a
kind of waste <http://www.epa.gov/lean/thinking/types.htm>, has
declined.

I don't want to be complacent: there are still a lot of bugs open and
some will are causing people a lot of annoyance, but it's a good step
towards solving them all.

--
Martin