2GB limit

Maritza Mendez martitzam at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 07:19:39 BST 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> wrote:

> I think you could use a precommit hook to check this, and there is a
> bug asking for a builtin feature to warn about committing large files.
>  I think that would be quite useful, even if we had no size limits at
> all.

Thanks for the push.  I have a shell of a very simple plugin started which
adds 'bzr commit-limit [SIZE]' to get/set the maximum comittable filesize in
megabytes and extends the builtin 'commit' with a pre-commit hook to
actually enforce the limit.  I'd like to set SIZE separately for each
branch.  I see various examples of caching per-branch conf data.  Would
someone kindly point me to an existing canonical (no pun!) example of how
per-branch persistent data should be saved and retrieved?

Thanks
~M