Thoughts and experiences on Bazaar & Subversion in an enterprise environment

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Sun Oct 3 05:35:51 BST 2010

Hi David,

On Sun, 2010-10-03 at 12:44 +0900, David Muir wrote:
> Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 15:58 -0300, Matthew Gordon wrote:
> > > I'm not sure how closely the bazaar and bzr-svn teams work together,
> > > but I wanted to chime in, as someone else who works in a subversion
> > > shop, that I think having really solid subversion integration would go
> > > a long way towards encouraging bzr adoption.
> > >
> > Can you be more specific? What do you think is missing at the moment?
>
> 1. Seamless handling of ghost revisions.
Most ghost issues in Bazaar should've been fixed in 2.2. In the last few
months I've fixed a lot of the issues related to ghosts in bzr-svn - if
you are still aware of any, please file bugs about them on Launchpad.

> I typically do `bzr revert --forget-merges` prior to committing a
> merge to an svn repo so that ghosts don't get created. If IIRC, qdiff
> crashes when you diff against a ghost rev.
There doesn't appear to be a bug about this - the closed thing I can
find is https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/qbzr/+bug/638422, is that
similar to the qdiff issue?

> Either ghost revs need to be better documented (last I checked it
> basically said you don't need to worry about them), or they need to be
> fixed so that the docs are correct in that we don't need to worry
> about them.
Please file bugs. :-)

Cheers,

Jelmer