Default push, public and submit locations for branches?

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Fri Oct 1 10:42:00 BST 2010

    > Hi,

    > I was wondering if there's a way to define default push, public,
    > and submit locations for any branches that are created inside a
    > shared repository. The idea would be that when a branch is created
    > under the shared repository instead of not having these locations
    > defined they would be set to some sensible default. This is useful
    > when you have a local repository and the branches inside it are
    > usually stored on a main central server as well.

Your best bet today is with locations.conf and append_path but I'm not
sure you can achieve exactly what you want.

    > A shared repository could have configuration settings like this:

Right, so we don't have a repo.conf (yet) and interpolation is not well
known (nor documented), both of which would be needed to achieve:

    > default_push_location=bzr://user@host/path/${branch}
    > default_submit_location=bzr://user@host/path/trunk
    > default_public_location=bzr://user@host/path/${branch}

Actually using %(branch) is what triggers the interpolation but of
course you need 'branch' to be defined as a configuration variable.

    > Then when I make a branch called "my-branch" inside that repository
    > these locations would be set by substituting ${branch} with "my-branch".

    > Is something like this possible? If not I think it would be a really
    > nice feature to add...

We are thinking about this as part of a work in progress on config
files.

        Vincent