Thanks: bzr 2.2 seems a lot faster than earlier releases

Maritza Mendez martitzam at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 00:39:08 BST 2010

Hi.  Some of you may recall that I've provided measurements of some slow
operations in both bzr itself and bzr-explorer based on bzrlib 2.1 and
earlier.  I don't recall doing any testing on bzr 2.2.0 specifically, but
now that I'm on bzr 2.2.1 bzr (and bzr-explorer) are noticeably faster and
even more pleasant to use now.   So far it seems that each of the
add/commit/status operations on sets of 10K+ files (500MB+ branches) takes
no more than two or three minutes each.  This is twice as fast as some of my
previous measurements on the same or smaller branches.  Also, memory
consumption is much reduced, which I suspect helps a lot.  I even have one
of these large repos hosted on an old 512MB Pentium 3 machine with no
problem today.  This is wonderful!  I hesitate to name the people I know
made this possible, because I do not want to leave out the many more people
whose contributions I don't know.  Please accept my thanks to the whole
team.

Bravo!

~M