bzr resolve --action=ARG

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Thu Sep 30 10:29:48 BST 2010

> Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:40:50 -0500
> From: John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com>
> CC: bazaar at lists.canonical.com
>
> > Neither the output of "bzr help resolve" nor the manual bundled with
> > Bazaar 2.2.1 say anything about ARG in --action=ARG.  Can someone
> > please tell what can it be and how it is used?
> >
> > TIA
>
> - From the help message:
>
>   action:
>     --action=ARG        How to resolve the conflict.
>     --done              Marks the conflict as resolved
>     --take-other        Resolve the conflict taking the merged version into
>                         account
>     --take-this         Resolve the conflict preserving the version in the
>                         working tree
>
> ARG can be "done" "take-other" or "take-this".

Thanks.

Do you mean that --action=take-other is equivalent to --take-other, and
similarly for others?  I suggest to spell that out in the text, as
it's not immediately evident.

Btw, I've got to reading this part because "What's New" has this
sentence where it describes the new --take-this and --take-other

  Just marking the conflict as resolved is still accessible via the
  --done default action.

The "default action" part led me to look for non-default actions.  The
problem is that the help text for "resolve" does not even mention the
word "action" except in the part shown above, and doesn't say that
"--done" is the default.  Rather confusing.