Converting subtree format to non-subtree format

Thu Sep 30 05:13:42 BST 2010

Hi Parth,

On Thu, September 30, 2010 07:05, Parth Malwankar wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Parth Malwankar
> <parth.malwankar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 7:04 AM, Harry Flink
>> <to-harry-from-bzrmailinglist at steo.fi> wrote:
>>>
>>> $ bzr upgrade --format=2a-subtree
>>> bzr: ERROR: Bad value "2a-subtree" for option "format".
>>>
>>> $ bzr upgrade --2a-subtree
>>> bzr: ERROR: no such option: --2a-subtree
>>>
>> The command to do the upgrade would be:
>>
>> $ bzr upgrade --2a
>>
> Ah, my bad. Sorry, --2a won't work on a subtree upgrade.
>
> Regards,
> Parth

No problem.. I remember doing repostory upgrade
more than a year ago and it needed something like
"bzr upgrade --xxxx-subtree".

However it looks like (to a user like me) that
the support for subtrees would be deprecated
soon and this worries me.

Tried your suggestion though with the expected result:

$ bzr upgrade --2a
bzr: ERROR: Cannot convert from format RepositoryFormatKnitPack3()
to format RepositoryFormat2a(). Does not support nested trees

...or just bare...

$ bzr upgrade

--
Best Regards,