Roadmap for Bazaar...

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Tue Sep 28 12:52:08 BST 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> John Szakmeister writes:
>
>  > /me agrees.  I also put something together for my workplace, but I'm
>  > not that thrilled with it.  It still doesn't help with branch
>  > management, nor making it easy to manipulate the access
>  > controls. :-(
>
> How about bzrosis (or "bzr-oasis"[1] -- more in keeping with the "friendly
> life support system" posture of bzr; the git people are proud of being
> a disease, it seems :-)?  Ie, start from gitosis.

Someone did some sort of prt for it:
   <https://launchpad.net/bazitis>

Unfortunately, it's completely unmaintained. :-(

To be honest, I really need sit down and figure out what I want.
Access controls are big, but it's only one part of the equation.
FWIW, I've been thinking something more along the lines of Gerrit[1]
as a starting point.  It may be tied a little more than I care for to
Git, I'm not sure yet.  I've only begun to sit down and examine the
architecture.

-John

[1] http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/