Merge algorithms

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Wed Sep 22 10:21:07 BST 2010

> Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:31:53 +1000
> From: Andrew Bennetts <andrew.bennetts at canonical.com>
> Cc: mbp at canonical.com, bazaar at lists.canonical.com
>
>     bzr help changelog_merge

This says, inter alia:

  To enable this plugin, add a section to your branch.conf or location.conf
  like::

      [/home/user/proj]
      changelog_merge_files = ChangeLog

  The changelog_merge_files config option takes a list of file paths, separated
  by commas.

Just to make sure I understand the semantics of this: what exactly
does /home/user/proj stand for here?  Is this the root of a branch in
which I want the ChangeLog files to be merged by this plugin?  Or do I
need to specify the subdirectories of the branch explicitly?  If the
subdirectories do not need to be mentioned explicitly, then why do I
need the path at all, in a branch.conf file of a branch where I want
to use this plugin?

Also, will "bzr remerge" use this plugin automatically, given the
above addition to branch.conf?

Thanks.