Roadmap for Bazaar...

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Tue Sep 21 13:34:58 BST 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 7:20 AM, Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote:
> John Szakmeister пишет:
>>
>>  * Nested trees.  Lots of folks have big projects, and they're
>> currently using SVN's externals (which I loathe).  Unfortunately,
>> without this feature, folks don't know a good way to organize their
>> tree.  Oh, and somewhat related to this, I think svn:revno should pick
>> the most recent version of a branch if it wasn't modified in revno...
>> just like SVN does.  Otherwise, nested trees aren't as useful against
>> SVN repositories (about half the ones I work against would be broken).
>
> I don't quite understand your remark about svn:revno, you wrote: "I think
> svn:revno should pick the most recent version of a branch if it wasn't
> modified in revno...". What do you mean?

Lots of folks do the following in their externals:
   external-lib     -r 7000  /repos/external-lib/trunk

However, r7000 may not have changed trunk.  Perhaps r6970 was the last
revision that changed trunk.  Unfortunately, Bazaar will treat
svn:7000 as an unknown revision when talking about trunk, instead of
doing what Subversion would do and realize that r7000 and r6970 have
the same content.  It's particularly problematic for project where
someone breaks something, and folks set the revision number to the one
just before it broke.  Hopefully that makes more sense.

-John