Bzr Push hangs at Fetching revisions:Get stream source

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Sep 15 06:37:18 BST 2010

On 11 September 2010 06:35, Rick <r.dane1010 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a bzr project locally and am trying to put this onto my server
>
> I don't want to just do an "upload" as I want all the full version controlled
> project on the server as a backup. I am trying:
>
> bzr push sftp://root@myserver.com/path
>
> But it just hangs indefinitely at: "- Fetching revisions:Get stream source "
>
> I can't figure out, despite searching on this, what would be the issue, any
> advice is appreciated

Hi Rick, I can't really work it out from just that.  If you interrupt
bzr while it's apparently hung, you should get a python traceback
either on the terminal or in ~/.bzr.log; if you paste that it might
explain something.

You can also try putting 'log+sftp://' at the start of the url to get
some more debug information into the log file.

By the way, I wouldn't really recommend making your backups into the
root account; it won't directly hurt anything but it's better to keep
root just for tasks that need it.

--
Martin