Launchpad svn/git imports failure causes

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Sep 10 21:01:22 BST 2010

So, I've just tried to execute

bzr get lp:sikuli

Bazaar downloaded more than 130MB (one hundred and thirty MB)of data
from Internet and then just refused to create a working tree. No
wonder there is unhappy users.

I've looked at help for view command. It lacks the --exclude option,
IMO. How can one define the view which cover entire tree without
couple of files? That's just crazy. And from the description of views
it does not seem it will help us because views applied to
status/diff/commit commands, but you need to create a working tree
first, and this operation is failed.

As I understand, svn, git and hg just create text placeholder file
instead of real symlink. Can we implement this for bzr in easy way? I
don't know is it really possible. My old win32symlinks plugin last
time I've tried it was failed to handle all cases, because the code to
check whether the path is symlink or regular file seems to be spilled
through several modules in bzrlib.