Launchpad svn/git imports failure causes

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Fri Sep 10 06:59:22 BST 2010

On 10 September 2010 15:33, Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote:
>>>  * paths with \
>> +1, fixing this bug would fix quite a few imports (the largest group
>> after nested trees) and it seems like a generally useful feature to
>> have.
>
> And what will be a fix? And how it affects windows compatibility?
> I don't mind if you say: those branches cannot be checked out on the
> windows though. But will be nice if bzr won't traceback in this case
> and suggest something to poor users. Just my 5 kopecks.

Well, I would probably approach it by, in the first step, letting you
have \ in internal structures and refusing to check them out on
Windows.  Then I would try to make sure they can work with views to
let you get a checkout that excludes that path.  Then perhaps we could
support views that remap paths.

--
Martin