bzr 2.2.0 released!

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Mon Sep 6 10:19:01 BST 2010

The Bazaar team is happy to announce availability of a new
release of the bzr adaptive version control system.
Bazaar is part of the GNU system <http://gnu.org/>.

Thanks to everyone who contributed patches, suggestions, and
feedback.

Bazaar is now available for download from
https://launchpad.net/bzr/2.2/2.2.0 as a source tarball or packaged
for various systems.

This release marks the start of another long-term-stable series. From
here, we will only make bugfix releases on the 2.2 series (2.2.1, etc),
while 2.3 will become our new development series. The 2.0 and 2.1 series
will also continue to get bugfixes. (Currently 2.0 is planned to be
supported for another 6 months.)

This is primarily a bugfix and polish release over the 2.1 series, with
a large number of bugs fixed (>120), and some performance improvements.

There are some compatibility changes in this release. For users of
bzrlib as a library, we now request that they call "bzrlib.initialize"
and use the returned context manager appropriately. For commandline
users we no longer guess user identity for "bzr commit", users must
specify their identity using "bzr whoami" (you don't need to specify
your identity for readonly operations).

Users are encouraged to upgrade from the other stable series.