Still no 2.2 announcement?! (was: Re: bzr 2.2 has gone gold)

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Sat Sep 4 07:07:40 BST 2010

That mail from John was sent almost month ago (August 06 according to
Thunderbird). And we still have no official announcement of 2.2 release.

Guys, I don't know about you, but I'm not happy at all with such
policy of deferred announcements that leads to situations when
official announcements never sent.

There should be fixed amount of time dedicated to build installers and
update PPA. Say 1-2 weeks. No more. After that announcement should be
made regardless of anything. That's what I think. Maybe I'm wrong, but
I don't feel right about current practice of the making releases either.

Alexander