bzr 2.2 has gone gold

Max Bowsher maxb at f2s.com
Thu Sep 2 00:41:28 BST 2010

On 01/09/10 01:00, Martin Pool wrote:
> On 1 September 2010 08:32, Max Bowsher <maxb at f2s.com> wrote:
>>> Can I suggest that you turn it into a command within
>>> <https://launchpad.net/hydrazine>, perhaps lp-copy-packages?
>>
>> Hydrazine seems like a good place for it. As for naming, would it be too
>> confusing to have both lp-copy-packages (copy everything from PPA to
>> PPA, subject to it being newer than the destination) and lp-copy-package
>> (copy a single package by name and version) in hydrazine one day? Maybe
>> my tool should stay away from the lp-copy-package(s) namespace, and be
>> called lp-copy-ppa? or lp-promote-packages?
>
> I had in mind that it should be a generic lp-copy-packages, with
> arguments and options specifying a glob of packages to copy, a source
> and target archive (either a ppa or a release archive), whether to
> copy binaries or to rebuild, etc.

I guess I'm trying to separate, both in concept and in UI, the two
operations/use-cases of:

 * copy _that_ package from _there_ to _there_

 * look at _this_ PPA, look at _that_ PPA, make the first like
   the second as much as possible

For example, I don't see any valid use cases for involving primary
archives or copying sources without binaries in the second use case, so
I'd specifically omit those capabilities from the command's UI for clarity.

I think I'd like to call the first lp-copy-package and the second
lp-promote-ppa.

Max.