farewell, Ian

Patrick Regan patrick.rubbs.regan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 23:12:51 BST 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 5:31 AM, Russel Winder <russel at russel.org.uk> wrote:

> Martin,
>
> I wonder if it would be possible to put a permanent note on the Bazaar
> Explorer "About" dialogue recognizing Ian's initiation of and driving of
> the project to a point where it has become a USP in being able to advise
> clients to switch to Bazaar.  Some form of public "in memoriam" seems so
> appropriate.
>
> --
> Russel.

> Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip:
> sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net <sip%3Arussel.winder at ekiga.net>
> 41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk
> London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder

I also thank you for this news. I haven't had much time to be a part of the
community lately, but Ian was the main driver behind the bzr-doc team. He
was kind and easy going. He helped me, newbie contributer, make my small
changes to bzr. I also would support a permanent memorial to Ian in the
about section or other appropriate place. Another idea would be to maybe
make a release use "Ian" as a codename.

I wish his family well, this has got to be a very hard time for them.

Patrick