farewell, Ian

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Sep 1 01:39:33 BST 2010

I am grieved to say that my friend and colleague Ian Clatworthy died
last night, after a long and horrible struggle with cancer.  He and
his wife Geri celebrated their 19th wedding anniversary yesterday
before he passed away peacefully in his sleep, at home, with his
family.

I've known Ian for eleven years and he has worked at Canonical since
2007.  Even though he had many technical and business achievements,
the most remarkable and inspiring thing was what a thoroughly nice man
he was.  He was determined to change the world for the better, both in
software and in how people relate to each other, and he accomplished
both.  He will be missed, and remembered.

His last blog post is here:
<http://ianclatworthy.wordpress.com/2010/05/22/tough-times-easy-choices/>.

I will post more information about memorial arrangements later.

--
Martin