bzr 2.2 has gone gold

Eric Siegerman lists08-bzr at davor.org
Wed Sep 1 00:24:15 BST 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 23:32 +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
> would it be too
> confusing to have both lp-copy-packages (copy everything from PPA to
> PPA, subject to it being newer than the destination) and
lp-copy-package
> (copy a single package by name and version) in hydrazine one day?

As a disinterested outsider (I didn't know anything about
hydrazine till today, and all I know now is the blurb on its lp
page), let me put in my two cents worth that I think that would
indeed be confusing.

How about something like lp-copy-package for the single-package
variant, and lp-copy-ppa for the copy-everything variant?

If there are use cases for both "copy everything unconditionally"
and the "copy everything newer" that you describe, then
lp-copy-ppa should probably sprout options to accomodate both
(that would be better, IMO, than adding a third command --
unless, of course, it goes against the UI philosophy of the rest
of hydrazine).

  - Eric