bzr-svn new behaviour regarding authentication

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Sat Aug 28 10:35:32 BST 2010

Jelmer,

On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 09:47 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
> Jelmer,
>
> Since one of the bzr-svn updates a few days ago, some Subversion sites
> are now asking authentication questions that they never used to.  So for
> example:
>
>         Using saved parent location: http://clam-project.org/clam/trunk/CLAM/scons/sconstools
>         HTTP clam-project.org, Realm: 'clam' username:
>         HTTP @clam-project.org, Realm: 'clam' password:
>         No revisions to pull.
>
> I don't ever recollect having accounts on the affected repositories so
> perhaps this is an anonymous access issue?  I don't get authentication
> challenges for GoogleCode and Tigiris where I do have accounts, the
> Subversion authentication data seems to be used.
>
> The irritation is that all my update scripts now block awaiting input
> for these questions when previously they sailed right through.
>
> Thanks.

As well as this behaviour, I am finding that svn-import no longer
imports Subversion repositories :-((((

        |> bzr info
        Shared repository (format: 2a)
        Location:
          shared repository: .
        |> bzr info trunk
        Repository branch (format: 2a)
        Location:
          shared repository: .
          repository branch: trunk

        Related branches:
          parent branch: http://projects.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/kroc/svn/kroc/trunk
        bzr: ERROR: Not a branch: "http://projects.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/kroc/svn/kroc/".
        |> svn ls http://projects.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/kroc/svn/kroc
        branches/
        tags/
        trunk/

Basically bzr-svn isn't what it used to be :-((

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk