Bazaar 2.2 Windows installer - selftest broken

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Thu Aug 19 08:24:42 BST 2010

    Maritza> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote:
    >> Standalone bzr.exe (windows installer) has broken selftest for bzr
    >> core itself. It's a known issue. So don't expect `bzr.exe selftest`
    >> will ever pass.
    >>

    Maritza> Interesting.  Can you elaborate on this or direct me to a thread describing
    Maritza> this known issue?  For example, is this a temporary known issue, or is it an
    Maritza> issue-by-design?

It's more a design choice of the standalone bzr.exe than a real issue
with bzr on windows (IIRC the bzrlib/tests directory is not included or
only partially).

We are still working on making *all* the tests pass on windows (see
http://babune.ladeuil.net:24842 for details).

In summary, once the thread/socket leaks are solved (which is a
test-only problem) only a handful of minor failures will have to be
addressed).

    Maritza> I am asking because I've been assuming (oops!) that all
    Maritza> stable releases of bzr are subjected to pretty much the
    Maritza> same regression suite on all supported platforms.  Is that
    Maritza> a bad assumption?

No, it's not a bad assumption. Pedantically speaking, not all tests pass
on windows but the failures (and their causes) are known and don't
represent serious problems as far as bzr usage is concerned.

          Vincent