Handling foreign metadata for bzr revisions

Francis Devereux francis at devrx.org
Wed Aug 18 10:37:31 BST 2010

On 18 Aug 2010, at 05:57, John Barstow wrote:

> So I guess the question is: if I author a revision in Bazaar and
> commit it to the foreign repository, is there anyway of associating
> the foreign repository properties (such as the changeset number) with
> the bzr-authored revision? Has the Subversion plugin solved this? Is
> this an issue in practice?

This is inconvenient for me in practice.  I use bzr-svn to collaborate with coworkers who use svn, and I sometimes need to know the svn revision number of one of my commits, for example so that I can say "fixed in svn r12345".  At the moment I work around bzr not knowing this by using "svn log svn+ssh://foo/bar" to find out the revno of my change.

Francis