bzr-git, Dulwich, PPAs and Lucid

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Wed Aug 18 01:36:02 BST 2010

Hi Russel,

On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 11:50 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
> I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature ;-)
>
> I have the Bazaar PPA on my list of sources and bzr-git is there for
> Lucid in its latest guise.  However, the dependency of this package is
> on a later version of Dulwich than is available in Lucid or on the
> Bazaar PPA.  Unless I am missing it the Launchpad page for Dulwich
> doesn't refer to a Dulwich PPA.  Any chance of a package somewhere so as
> to keep Aptitude happy?
>
> (Dulwich used to have packages on the Bazaar PPA, so that might be the
> best place?)
There is a Dulwich PPA at http://launchpad.net/~dulwich/+archive/ppa,
and the Bazaar PPA has a dependency on it.

This PPA has a newer version of Dulwich - 0.6.1-1, which should be new
enough for the bzr-git in the PPA.

What's the error you're getting exactly? Are you using the Lucid version
of the PPA?

Cheers,

Jelmer