bzrlib and branch discovery

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sat Aug 7 09:54:26 BST 2010

On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 09:27:40PM -0700 I heard the voice of
Maritza Mendez, and lo! it spake thus:
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Gabriel Filion <lelutin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is branch discovery possible at all with repositories hosted via http?

I don't think so.  Finding lists of branches basically works like

for i in `find . -type d`
    print i if is_a_branch(i)

> Will 'bzr branches' do what you need?  Note that 'branches' is part
> of the bzrtools plugin, which is almost certainly installed on your
> system already.

'branches' is just a CLI wrapper around the API he's already using, so
it won't really change anything.  Saves writing code, of course  ;)

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net