BTree + CHK Inefficiencies

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Fri Aug 6 09:31:32 BST 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 10:07 PM, John Arbash Meinel
<john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Well, if you are interested in helping out, you can do the checkout with
> extensions, and get a memory dump.
> You'll need 'Meliae' which is my memory debugging python library. 'bzr
> branch lp:meliae'.

I'd love to, but I can't give you a memory dump. :-(  But...

[snip]
> Now, it is possible that the memory consumed is actually because of
> individual file content, and not what I'm doing here (which is more
> about lots of inventory data, aka lots of small files).

I think this is my problem anyways.  They checked in some rather large
files at one point, and it appears to be consuming several times the
file size during checkout.  It seems to also be related to how many
revisions of the file was made... but it's been a while since looking
at this, and once we found another way to do what we need, we moved
on, so I didn't spend much more time looking at it. :-(

-John