Getting a fix in -- first try

Anteru newsgroups at catchall.shelter13.net
Sat Jul 17 18:54:25 BST 2010

Hi,

I'm using bzr since quite some time, and I wanted to help the project by
fixing some small bugs. To get started, I've picked bug #234708, and
tried to follow the guide at
http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/bzr.dev/developers/contribution-quickstart.html

Well, getting bzr locally etc. was no problem, and I could quickly find
the place where a check should be place. That's no problem. However,
when I added a test, I couldn't get it to be run by selftest. I.e. I've
added a test, but if I run bzr selftest -v, then I don't see it being
run. There's also another test in TestDiff
(bzrlib/tests/blackbox/test_diff.py) which is not run (right above where
I added my test.) What did I miss? How do I properly add a test?

Finally, I've proposed to merge my branch with Bazaar:
https://code.launchpad.net/~anteru/bzr/234708-diff. Is this correct?
Should I have done something more?

Cheers,
  Anteru