Reverting a single commit

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Sat Jul 17 16:43:24 BST 2010

> Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 08:59:54 -0400
> From: Gordon Tyler <gordon.tyler at gmail.com>
> CC: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu.org>, bazaar at lists.canonical.com
>
> > The command I gave is called a "reverse cherry pick".  It basically
> > says *back out* the changes introduced in X.  The catch here is that
> > the X-1 is exclusive rather than inclusive.
>
> The way I think of it is "merge the diff from X to X-1 into my working
> copy".

Right, the fact that the order of X and X-1 is reversed is another
part I missed.  Thanks.

And after I did that, would a simple "bzr revert" get me back to the
state where that backed up version was part of the tree?  I'm asking
because the section in the manual on reverse cherrypicking says that
Bazaar doesn't track cherrypicks.