Help promoting Bazaar

Talden talden at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 00:41:05 BST 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Chris Hecker <checker at d6.com> wrote:

> Right, but A and B at the beginning have two complete copies of the branch,
> but when they're reconfigured into the shared repo, does it do the right
> thing and reduce the space occupied?  I should probably just test this, but
> replying to an email is easier.  :)

It makes them share the repository - so only one copy of the commits.
It doesn't mean one working tree.  To do that you'd remove the
working-trees from the branches and make a checkout instead.

CMD> BZR init-repo --no-trees repo
CMD> cd repo
CMD> bzr init A
CMD> bzr branch A B

One repo, two branches, no working trees at all

# make a working tree for branch A
CMD> bzr checkout A work

# switch 'work' to being a working tree for branch B

--
Talden