Help with Bzr-Git

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 17:26:56 BST 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> wrote:
>> 1) Does "bzr push" automatically push all branches to the server (as
>> in Mercurial) or do you have to do something special to push a branch?
>
> It pushes one at a time.  There is a bzr multi-push plugin.

Ok. Thanks.

>> This doesn't give me the option to shelve the first change but not the second.
>
> Shelve puts aside uncommitted changes in the working tree, so things
> you already committed are out of scope.  It's a little bit like the
> git staging area.

Ok. So it's not quite what I thought. It's just that I read this page:

http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/migration/en/survival/bzr-for-darcs-users.html

It seemed to say that you could use "bzr shelve" to put away some of
the changes, so you could sort of emulate the interactive "darcs
record".

> Actually a lot of us are hacking at the Launchpad Epic conference, so
> not reading mail much.  Not sure about Jelmer.

Ok. I guess I poped in at a bad time. Thanks for all the help.

Daniel.
--
No trees were killed in the generation of this message. A large number
of electrons were, however, severely inconvenienced.