Help with Bzr-Git

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Jul 14 13:51:38 BST 2010

On 14 July 2010 14:38, Daniel Carrera <dcarrera at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can someone tell me how to install or use the Bzr-Git plugin?
>
> https://launchpad.net/bzr-git
> http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/ForeignBranches/Git
>
> There is no documentation to be found anywhere and my attempt to guess
> how to install and use the plugin has failed miserably. I don't know
> if it's because I installed it wrong or because I'm using it wrong.

Just how you install it depends on what kind of platform you want to
install it on to.  On Ubuntu or Debian, just saying "sudo apt-get
install bzr-git" should be enough.  On Windows I think it is included
in the installer.

Once you have it you can say things like

 bzr branch git://git.example.com/thing
 bzr log
 bzr dpush git+ssh://git.example.com

You're right though there is no very obvious walkthrough of installing
and using it. <https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr-git/+bug/605394>

--
Martin