Trouble with Launchpad...

Max Kanat-Alexander mkanat at bugzilla.org
Thu Jul 1 18:31:34 BST 2010

On 06/30/2010 07:03 PM, Martin Pool wrote:
>>        Okay. Are you thinking that it will happen this year, or later? If it's
>> going to be years before there's an annotation cache, then loggerhead
>> will have to come up with a more architecturally-sound solution, but if
>> it's just going to be a few months, then we can just hack in some
>> workaround for now.
>
> I won't speak for John as far as the amount of effort, but as far as
> the fraction of his effort, it's something that's on our radar as a
> strategic goal, but not at the top of our stakeholders' wishes at the
> moment.

	Okay. So I'll expect it at some point in the relatively nebulous
future. :-)

> Perhaps you could change loggerhead to have an easy option to see the
> file text without annotations?

	Well, I think the case we're talking about here is pretty much an edge
case, so probably the solution is that we do *something* that makes
loggerhead not fall over when asked to annotate a file with a zillion
revisions.

	-Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.