loom requests

Barry Warsaw barry at canonical.com
Tue Jun 29 15:43:18 BST 2010

On Jun 29, 2010, at 11:02 AM, Robert Collins wrote:

>Sorry for taking so long to reply; was fixing looms ;)

Oh sure, excuses, excuses.  Oh wait... thanks! :)

>On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at canonical.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 03, 2010, at 08:08 AM, Robert Collins wrote:
>>

>> I took a look at the currently open bugs in bzr-loom.  I think there are
>> actually a few bugs that seem related to pushing and branching looms.  I'll
>> let you decide if they're duplicates.  This is probably the #1 thing I'd love
>> to see fixed.
>>
>> 201613 - fetching looms does not work properly with bzr+ssh
>> 193893 - branching over bzr_ssh does not propagate loom threads
>> 587058 - pushing loom to lp, then branching it, loses threads
>
>They were, and are fixed now - trunk loom + trunk bzr; works with
>current launchpad server though which is nice.

I can't confirm this:

@heresy[~/projects/flufl/enum.deb:1026]% bzr show-loom
=>ubuntu
  debian
  trunk
@heresy[~/projects/flufl/enum.deb:1027]% bzr record

Loom recorded.
@heresy[~/projects/flufl/enum.deb:1028]% bzr push
Using saved push location: bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~barry/flufl.enum/enum.deb/
No new revisions to push.

@limelight[~/projects/flufl:1002]% bzr branch lp:~barry/flufl.enum/enum.deb
Branched 55 revision(s).
@limelight[~/projects/flufl:1003]% cd enum.deb/
@limelight[~/projects/flufl/enum.deb:1004]% bzr show-loom
@limelight[~/projects/flufl/enum.deb:1005]% bzr down-thread
bzr: ERROR: No such thread 'enum.deb'.
@limelight[~/projects/flufl/enum.deb:1006]% bzr up-thread
bzr: ERROR: Cannot move up from the highest thread.

Maybe the fix hasn't been pushed out to Launchpad yet?

>> There are a few bugs related to combine-thread, which seem related if not
>> exactly duplicates:
>>
>> 506235 - combine-thread should perform safety checks
>> 200816 - combine-thread sounds like it merges, but it doesn't
>> 200819 - combine-thread silently drops unmerged changes
>
>I'm yet to look into this.
>
>> also from https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr-loom/+bugs
>>
>> are a few others that I think would be nice to get some traction on.
>> I'll put these in rough Barry-would-love-it-if-XXX order. :)
>>
>> 213946 - status should indicate that a loom needs recording
>> 521210 - support to merge a complete loom
>> 221890 - export-loom should be able to ignore bottom thread
>> 203285 - unable to "de-loom" a branch
>> 201409 - pulling a loom resets to last-recorded state
>
>I've tagged/refreshed the state on these.

Thanks!
-Barry