Weird error with bzr-svn...

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Thu Jun 17 12:10:02 BST 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 11:55 AM, John Szakmeister <john at szakmeister.net> wrote:
> I'm seeing something similar to what Russel (sp?) Winder saw before,
> when bzr-svn is telling me that I'm going to change the mainline, and
> I know for a fact that I'm not.  "bzr missing" crashes, and honestly,
> I forget the error, but I can get that to you (I can't provide any
> tracebacks though.... sorry).  So, I added append_revisions_only =
> False, and tried again, and now it's complaining that a revision was
> added incorrectly (the revision was committed by someone else).  I've
> also gotten several other errors too, by trying various ways of doing
> this (merging from the remote branch, merging from a local one, being
> bound, being unbound and pushing, etc).  I've dumped the svn
> repository that we're working with and kept that aside in hopes that I
> can reproduce this at will (I haven't tested that yet).  But I at
> least wanted to ask what does any of this mean?  How was a revision
> added incorrectly?  I did at least find that bzr-svn/commit.py:760 is
> the one throwing the "changing the mainline" error.

One more data point.  We had pushed both branches into Subversion, to
avoid any ghosting issues.  So, we created a nice new standalone
branch of the branch we were trying to merge into, and things worked
fine.  So something about the history or metadata is out-of-sync, or
just plain incorrect.  I did save off both the repo and the bad bzr
branch so that we could try to investigate this more.

-John