Corrupt repository? How to fix?

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Wed Jun 9 09:43:16 BST 2010

Roland Mas, 2010-06-08 22:36:13 +0200 :

>   Hi all,
>
>   Bazaar 2.1.2 (from Debian sid) has started throwing very worrying
> exceptions at me in a shared repository tonight, about "error: Error -3
> while decompressing data: incorrect data check" and "ValueError: Unknown
> content control code: c" (or other characters besides "c", including
> non-ASCII chars).

  Apparently it was filesystem problems, as suggested by several of you.
For some reason, a copy of the repository I made last night is still
corrupted (with md5sums mismatches), while the main repository is now
fine after an fsck.  I think I'm going to add a md5sums check to a
crontab somewhere :-) (And I suggest adding something like that to bzr
check, too, just in case).

  Thanks a *lot*!

Roland,
now back in the game.
--
Roland Mas

Sauvez les castors, imprimez en recto-verso.