Corrupt repository? How to fix?

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Tue Jun 8 21:36:13 BST 2010

  Hi all,

  Bazaar 2.1.2 (from Debian sid) has started throwing very worrying
exceptions at me in a shared repository tonight, about "error: Error -3
while decompressing data: incorrect data check" and "ValueError: Unknown
content control code: c" (or other characters besides "c", including
non-ASCII chars).  I seem unable to commit a revision into that
repository, I can't branch from a branch stored in there, bzr check
crashes, so does bzr pack… This is frightening (not to mention annoying,
since most of my activity revolves around that repository nowadays,
mostly through a few branches bound to a remote SVN repository).  Is is
possibly something I did (although I never tried any magic voodoo)?  A
bug in Bazaar?  Is my repository definitely corrupt, or can it be fixed?

  I uploaded a tarball of the repository (caution: ~100 MB) and a
typescript demonstrating the bug at the following URLs:
http://www.placard.fr.eu.org/~roland/tmp/fusionforge-bzr.tar.gz
http://www.placard.fr.eu.org/~roland/tmp/bzr-typescript.txt

  Thanks in advance,

Roland,
not quite panicking yet, but seriously worried.
--
Roland Mas

 ar c   t  e l  l  iè    u   ai  i    a   mi    .
  -- Signatures à collectionner, série n°1, partie 2/3.