Expensive plugins

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Jun 1 21:29:48 BST 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 22:20 +0200, Gary van der Merwe wrote:
> On 01/06/10 22:09, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> >> Another reason is bzr-gtk. Explorer allowing to use bzr-gtk dialogs
> >> instead of qbzr ones.
> > Isn't it possible to display Qt and GTK+ windows from the same
> > application?
> Unfortunately the event loops are incompatible.
You don't need to use GTK's event loop as the core routine in your
application, there is another function that can just process all
outstanding events and then return control back to the application. You
could call this function from an idle callback in Qt.

Not that mixing the two would be a good idea of course. :-)

Cheers,

Jelmer