Few questions re extending Bazaar Explorer

Simon Kersey simon.kersey at ipl.com
Tue Jun 1 12:18:37 BST 2010

Michael Gliwinski <Michael.Gliwinski <at> henderson-group.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
>  1. placeholders in tool actions that refer to files (selected, filename,
> basename, etc.), where exactly are the selected files taken from?  I couldn't
> get this to work

It doesn't at the moment.  There is a patch to add the functionality to support
taking the selected file(s) from the working tree but this has not landed in
bzr-explorer trunk yet (see lp:~simon-kersey/bzr-explorer/add-tool-cmd-selected-
support).

>  2. when defining kind-specific toolbars is there any way to specify multiple
> "kinds" a tool should be in (e.g. if a tool applies to branch, bound-branch
> and checkout) without duplicating the definition under different folders?

Don't think so

>  3. when packaging extensions in plugins, is there a way to add a tool
> programatically?  (my use case here is I have an external program tool which
> is run differently on Windows and GNU/Linux (possibly even differently
depending
> on desktop environment used))

Haven't looked into this but one solution might be to package different
plugin 'explorer' directory content depending on OS.