bzr-svn: checkout revisions range

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon May 31 09:39:59 BST 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 12:35 +0400, Vitaly wrote:
> On 05/26/2010 11:42 PM, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > No, this requires support in Bazaar for checking out revision ranges
> > (shallow branches) and that hasn't been added yet.
> I just thought that this feature doesn't require shallow branches,
> because, e.g. "git svn" can checkout only revisions range. And git
> support for "shallow branches" is very poor.
When git does this it generates different revision ids for the revisions
that it imports. In other words, the revisions that are imported that
way bear no relation to the original revisions.

If you don't care about common history, you might want to have a look at
using bzr-fastexport/fastimport rather than svn.

CHeers,

Jelmer