patch piloting the week starting 24th may

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Mon May 31 02:37:15 BST 2010

On 31 May 2010 05:50, Robert Collins <robert.collins at canonical.com> wrote:
> During the week I got tired of Martin[gz]'s patches, so asked Martin
> Pool if we could make him a committer - and Martin [Pool] said yes, so
> congrats to Martin[gz]. There were a few patches slightly stagnant but
> we were mostly in good shape, and the week finished well.

Thanks for doing this.  We're down to the oldest requested review
being 20 days old[1], and that's got a conversation underway.

I'm patch pilot this week, and I'll see if we can get the queue pulled
down a bit further.

In some discretionary time last week I did a patch towards DKIM
support in Launchpad[2] which may make review and participation easier
for some people.

> OTOH the release process needs more automation:
>  - the news-bugs scanner needs to be updated to handle series and only
> look at new sections

... and imbw but it used to use a deprecated interface to look at Launchpad?

>  - we need something to say 'hey, this code hasn't been released yet'

What do you mean?  To remind us to do a release?

> Picking up someone elses proposed merge and finishing it isn't
> seamless for reviewers, but we should be able to do something with the
> LP API to emulate a 'resubmit' to a different proposer. LP will change
> the API here eventually, or perhaps we can play around a bit to find
> out what we need and put a patch up for it.

You're talking about superseding one proposal by another one from a
different person?

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>

[1] https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~amanica/bzr/find_bzrdirs-ignore-PermissionDenied-dirs/+merge/24979