Any chance for a dcommit command?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sat May 29 22:39:54 BST 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 06:02 -0400, John Szakmeister wrote:
> I find that it's really nice to have a bound branch when integrating
> back into the mainline (it avoids the potential, uncommit, shelve,
> pull, unshelve, re-commit, push dance... or the rebase dance,
> whichever you prefer).  Unfortunately, if you want to commit into a
> foreign repo without the metadata, you can't use a bound branch.  You
> have to leave it unbound and use dpush.  Are there any plans for a
> dcommit command?
This should be possible, it's something that should be entirely
implementable in bzrlib.

"bzr commit --lossy" is probably a better place to put this sort of
functionality, per our discussions earlier.

Please file a wishlist bug against bzr. If you're interested in working
on this yourself I'd be happy to give pointers, though I won't have time
to contribute code in the forseable future.

Cheers,

Jelmer